Are you considering carpet for your home or business? With the advent of technological advances in manufacturing, today carpet choices are more durable and beautiful than ever. There are many types of fiber options, pattern options with an array of colors and tones that can match any décor and any lifestyle.
At Surfaces NW, we have carpet options and a very knowledgeable staff that can work with you to find the perfect carpet that will suit your lifestyle. With our showroom in Salem, OR we serve all surrounding areas including Dallas, Albany, Corvallis, and McMinnville.
What are the specifications that determine the durability of this floor covering? Here are some of the buzz words:
- Total Weight–this is the total weight which includes the face and the backing; it’s a good number to know, but it’s not the most important in terms of durability
- Face weight–this is the weight in ounces per square yard of carpet; you want at least a 35 ounce for maximum durability
- Density rating–this is the face weight divided by the pile height in inches; you want a density of 2900 or more for good durability and nothing less than 2500.
- Twist level–this is the number of twists in a 1” strand; you should look for a twist level of five or more. The higher the better in terms of performance
- Wear rating–this is a measure that is given by the manufacturer of how long it will last.